About Tom McLernon
Tom McLernon graduated with a B.S. in Nutrition and a minor in Exercise Physiology from The University of Texas at Austin in 1989. Originally employed in the nutrition department of a local Austin hospital, he ultimately gravitated to the exercise aspect of his education, and in 1992 started his career as a self-employed, personal trainer.
However, in 2006 he began experiencing debilitating hip pain due to arthritis. Realizing common exercises were not the solution to his pain, but a contributing factor causing it, he set out to develop a safer, more effective way to exercise.
The result is the M2 Total Trainer and the McLernon Method Fitness System. Today he is pain free. Having conducted over ten thousand personal training sessions exclusively using the M2 Total Trainer and the McLernon Method Fitness System, he believes the way we think about exercise, fitness and health has to change.
Introducing the M2 Total Trainer
- The M2 Total Trainer has two independent cable systems, each providing 10 feet of fluid resistance. Go from 2.5 pounds to 135 pounds in 2.5 pound increments
- Unlike plate-loaded, pulley machines, the M2’s unique resistance system matches the strength of a muscle contraction
- This allows muscles and joints to safely execute complete movement patterns
What is the McLernon Method Fitness System?
A system, a machine, a lifestyle.
- A comprehensive workout system that corrects posture and strengthens proper movement mechanics by properly challenging flexibility, strength, coordination, stamina and power
- The M2 Total Trainer uniquely provides resistance that replicates the speed and motion of the body’s natural patterns of movement
- A lifestyle app:
- Step-by-step workout instruction with video and anatomy pictures
- Personal Workout Tracker
- Workout Library
- Cooking and Nutritional Guidance
- Program Updates
- Community Networks
“For Folks who aren’t 25, this is an awesome way to keep in shape.”